Monday 9 January 2017

OUGD603 Logo A Day - Day 7: Spray - Self-initiated (Brief Four)

The word for today is spray. I've already spent a lot of my 2 hour slot for today thinking about possible ways for this to be visualised as a logo design, and I'm really stuck. It's a very difficult word to visualise without being too cliche. To start off with, I decided to try to sketch a possible idea out before it left my brain, this can be seen below. I think this could possibly be successful if it was done well.


I have now created this using a vector. Having done this, it is clear to me that this response is awful as it's a generic rule that type should never be stretched. They aren't even on both sides which puts me on edge, and they aren't very legible.



I then decided it might be better to try to create a negative of a spray can. This proved a lot harder than I first thought, which can be seen below. I don't think this is very successful as it is very basic and is more of an icon than it is a logo design.


However, I decided it was probably the only option I had and played with the positioning of the can. I think this is a lot more successful as it is obvious that it is a spray bottle, but it also looks like an odd shape that has negative chunks taken out of it. This is my final logo design. It's not the best logo that I have ever designed, however it full fills the purpose of the word and it is clear what the logo represents.


TIME TAKEN: 1hr 20min

No comments:

Post a Comment