Saturday 7 January 2017

OUGD603 Logo A Day - Day 5: Home - Self-initiated (Brief Four)

The word for today is Home. I think to make a logo for this word, I will have to go quite visual as it's quite a difficult word. This was my first logo attempt. It was very unsuccessful - I was trying to make the word a house out of the word home, however it didn't work and just looks all over the place. 


This was my next logo attempt. Again, I don't think it's very successful as it is very simple - however I do like where the development of the H could possibly go so I will experiment with this next.


I tried to develop the H so that it looks both like a letterform and also a home. I think this is very successful, however I think I can possibly develop it further.


I developed it further by giving it a roof and a floor. I think this is too much as it no longer looks like a letterform, however I think it definitely needs the roof to look like a home.


I got rid of the floor of my design to make the final logo design. I think this is very successful as it is obvious that it is both a home but also a letterform - exactly what I was going for.


No comments:

Post a Comment