Saturday 21 January 2017

OUGD603 Icon A Day - Day 6: Lightbulb - Self-initiated (Brief Four)

The word for today is lightbulb. This should be quite an interesting challenge as I would like my icon design to be very circular and use specific measurements. This is the first logo design that I came up with. I think the top half of it is very successful and it's definitely a lightbulb, whereas the bottom half could definitely use some work. I originally tried to make it look like the coils, however it didn't end up looking the way I had imagined.


I then stripped the icon design back. This wasn't as successful as the previous design as it, although more minimal, it lost a lot of the detail necessary to make sure it's obvious that it's a lightbulb.


I then tried combining both designs - using the box from the second design and the detail of the first. This design is the most successful as it not too detailed or complex, however it gets across the fact that it's a lightbulb and it's in a similar style to all of my other designs.


I then added colour to show how it could look when being used. 


TIME TAKEN: 42 min

No comments:

Post a Comment