Thursday 12 January 2017

OUGD603 Logo A Day - Day 10: Earthquake - Self-initiated (Brief Four)

The word of today is earthquake. This is going to be a really difficult logo to create, as I don't really want to go down a very obvious route; but it's also very hard to visualise. I thought, instead, that I could create quite an abstract logo design. This is the first design that I came up with. It's quite interesting, although I personally feel that it doesn't represent an earthquake enough to be successful.


I then decided to try to create a logo using the drawings from a richter scale. I think this is a lot more successful than the previous design, but it's also quite boring; and it also doesn't scream earthquake as it looks like a heartbeat.


I was really struggling with this logo so I decided to try to create cracks in a circle, which would symbolise the movement of the tectonic plates. I think this is the most successful logo design that I came up with, as it also shows the letterform 'e' through the cracks. It's not amazing, however I completely ran out of time for this one and I couldn't find another possible way of completing the brief.


TIME TAKEN: 2hr 23min

No comments:

Post a Comment