Sunday 29 January 2017

OUGD603 Icon A Day - Day 14: Bicycle - Self-initiated (Brief Four)

The word for today is bicycle. I think this will be quite a difficult icon to create as bicycles come on lots of different shapes, and I will have to figure out which is the most appropriate for an icon design. Below is the first design I created. I think it's successful in the fact you can tell it's a bicycle, however I think it could definitely be improved as it doesn't look very in scale. 


I then tried to make the design look more in-scale. This was unsuccessful; I feel the wheels look too big and there isn't a lot of negative space within the shape so it all looks very squashed together.


I then tried again using equal triangles for the frame of the bicycle. This is definitely a lot more successful, however I think the handle could use some work as it looks very out of proportion.


I then made the seat of the bicycle and the end of the handle line up. This looks a lot more successful as it's an even shape and therefore everything looks a lot more to scale and in proportion.


I then added colour to the design to show it could look if it were used. 


TIME TAKEN: 47 min

No comments:

Post a Comment