Thursday 26 January 2017

OUGD603 Icon A Day - Day 11: Crown - Self-initiated (Brief Four)

The word for today is clown. This is also a word that can be illustrated really easily, so I am going to try to make my icon different to anything that is already out there. This icon design was really simple - simply using triangles. I think it could definitely use some work as it's very simple, however it irritates me as the traingle in the middle is a different size to the outside triangles.


Before trying a different way, however, I experimented with the base of the crown and extended it. I think this is quite successful, however it could still be improved.


I then tried with all even triangles. This is definitely a step in the wrong direction - it has stopped looking like a crown and looks more like a mountain range.


I then went back to my first idea and experimented further. I added a back to the crown to give the icon a bit of depth. I think this is a lot more successful than all of the other designs; it is clear that it is a crown, however is very different from anything I've seen before.

I then added colour and some detail so I could see what it would look like if it were used.


TIME TAKEN: 24 min

No comments:

Post a Comment