Tuesday 17 January 2017

OUGD603 Icon A Day - Day 2: Jellyfish - Self-initiated (Brief Four)

Todays word is jellyfish. I thought of this word from my previous logo a day, and decided that it could be really successful as an icon design instead of a logo design. I decided to use a similar style as the logo - keep it very minimal, however this time with an even number of tentacles. This is the first icon I designed. I thought it was quite successful, however the wave isn't even.


I changed this and made the tentacles look a little more even and end more abruptly. This was a lot more successful as it looks more realistic.


I then added colour to the icon. For the filled colour icon, I decided to add another line to give the icon some depth. I think these are really successful and I could definitely see them on a poster design or book cover.


TIME TAKEN: 32min

No comments:

Post a Comment