Wednesday 1 March 2017

OUGD603 MUNA - Initial Ideas - Competition Brief (Brief Five)

Before doing research into the band and the album, I thought it might be useful to write down the themes that I already know run through the album 'About U'. These are below in a mind map. 


I am going to submit to the zine, however I would also like whatever I create to be available to print myself. For this reason I am going to create a poster for this brief. This is a good idea as posters are a great way to raise awareness; something that the band stands for and encourages. I think poster design is a really great skill to have, and I don't really have many poster designs in my portfolio as of current, so I think it will be really useful to have some poster designs in my portfolio to show what I am capable of.

The album features 12 amazing songs. I am going to create a poster about the song 'If U Love Me Now' as it is my favourite song off of the album and the song that I know the meaning behind it; the song is about difficult interactions between lovers and it incorporates themes of depression and suicidal thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment