Using this design as a starting point, I thought it would be good to add other elements into the print to show the multiple different instruments incorporated into the song.
I added warped lines to represent the synth used. I think this particular design is unsuccessful as there is too much going on, however the idea is definitely progressing.
I then added more block colour to the design. This is definitely a progression and is starting to look really successful.
I then added even more shapes to represent all of the other information, and also incorporated some of the designs from the other mock ups I had created. I think this is really successful, however there are a few elements I am going to change as I don't think they are currently working very well together. I am also going to play about with the colour of the print, as I'm not a huge fan of the red and blue together; I think the colours are very harsh on the eyes, especially with a white background, which doesn't represent the song; the song is very chilled out.
I perfected the shapes on the design and played around with the colour scheme. I think this design is a lot more successful as each shape compliments another shape, similar to the instruments in the song. I also changed the colours - I have decided to go with magenta and blue to print the design as I think they compliment each other really well and aren't too harsh on the eyes, however are still bold enough to stand out.