Saturday 8 April 2017

OUGD603 Up Yer Sleeve - Evaluation - Live Brief (Brief Eight)

This brief was a live brief for an exhibition called Up Yer Sleeve. The track I was allocated was ‘Club Tropicana’ by Wham! I decided to participate in this exhibition because I was intrigued by the mystery of the track allocation and wanted to participate in a brief that was very visual and had the opportunity to exhibit with multiple other creatives.

The concept behind my design was based on the repetition of the word ‘cool’ throughout the track. I created my design using the word after warping, layered up eight times. The warped letterforms also showed the satire behind the song, as the song was written as satire of the boom for cheap package holidays for young, single people of a self-indulgent nature between the ages 18-30. The concept of my design was really strong which informed the visuals that I created. 

The final outcome for this brief was very different than a lot of the briefs I have completed this year; this particular brief focused solely on typography which I think is really important for my portfolio, as it shows that I can design using multiple different elements and techniques.


My time management for this brief was really successful; I aimed to have the brief completed within a week as I had other projects going on at the same time. Ideally If I were to progress this brief I would definitely experiment with screen print as I believe this outcome would look really successful with an analogue printed outcome, and it would be informed by the fact that the song was originally made for vinyl.

No comments:

Post a Comment