Thursday 20 April 2017

OUGD603 Chevin Forest - Leaflet Development - Self-initiated (Brief Nine)

To begin designing the leaflet, I started by creating a book, however I have realised this is definitely the wrong way to go about it; it doesn't allow much experimentation of layout so I am going to scrap this idea and start again. 


Before designing the leaflet, I thought it would be beneficial to create some quick icons that will go along with the body of text. These can be seen below; I kept each design within a circle as I think it makes the icons look closely related to each other and it's clear they're a set. 


I then created the leaflet below. It's really successful and each element of the leaflet comes together really well, however this was all put onto one side of A4, and therefore there isn't a need to squash the elements together as I have done as the other side would be left blank.



This informed the next design I created. I think this is a lot more successful and each element that makes up the leaflet design has a focus on the negative space around it, and therefore it's pleasing to look at. However, I'm not a huge fan of the positioning of the icons. 


For this reason, I decided to look through some of the photographs I had taken at Chevin Forest and incorporate them into my leaflet design. To make the photographs fit with the design I changed the settings so that the images were mono colours - the colours that was used in the map design. I think this is a really successful outcome as each element works really well together and all of the leaflet's available space is utilised really well. This also allowed me to put the map on the back of the leaflet, meaning the map will be a lot easier to read and follow as it will be bigger, thus answering the brief.




No comments:

Post a Comment