Client: CEE (Careers, Enterprise and Employability) - Leeds College of Art.
Brand: Creative Networks
Date: September 2016
Contact: Andrew Jones email@example.com (Head of CEE)
Initial test brief to determine finalists:
We want to see your work. Following the brief below, please provide a 1xA3 PDF and/or a moving image file designed for the next guest speakers. One design for Mike Mignola and one for Leeds International Film Festival (LIFF 30) with a guest speaker of your choice. This could be someone you would like to see talk at Creative Networks or someone you have seen speak. Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org - DEADLINE 14th October, 5pm.
Promotional material for five Creative Network events. Creative Networks in Leeds College of Art's majoy external engagement event where high profile speakers from the creative sectors are invited to share their expertise to an audience consisting of industry, staff and students.
The CEE team are looking for a small team of students (3 to 4) to help promote and design material to be used at each of the five Creative Networks events happening this academic year. Each event is unique based on the guest speakers and flexibility with designs and concepts is key.
The digital materials are needed a month in advance of the event to assist in promotion, whilst printed materials need to be approved by the CEE team as soon as possible and need to be printed a week before each event. See below:
- A1 Posters (pre-event and on the night decoration)
- 1 x A1 previous speakers poster (list will be provided)
- Signage for guests (choice of size)
- Signage for the night / Vinyl branding (guest speakers name etc.)
- GIFs, images to social media dimensions etc. to be used as promotional material for the assistant CEE Manager.
- Predominantly managed by the Assistant CEE Manager, students will be welcomed to suggest ideas and facilitate them if appropriate (work displayed through projectors, light boxes etc.)
- Played before the guest speaker is introduced as a way to quiet the audience in the lecture theatre. Moving image must include the Creative Networks logo and the name of the guest speaker(s), 15 seconds max and must include sound. The master version will need to be edited for each speaker's name.
- Floor stickers/Vinyl
- (Open to ideas)
Purpose and Benefits:
Creative Networks is Leeds College of Art's major external engage event. The event brings in industry to mix with students and staff as a way to develop connections and also to demonstrate the quality of students work found at Leeds College of Art. Looking forward new ideas will be introduced in ways to develop stronger ties with industry guests attending as a way to benefit students. It is an exciting time to be involved with this series of events and develop some great work for your portfolio and get it seen by guest speakers and a range of industry professionals.
Staff and students at Leeds College of Art are aware of the events. Our main objective is to bring in professionals from the creative industries. Each guest speaker will appeal to different types of industry and so the work will have to adjust to these needs. A large majority come from Leeds with some who attend repeatedly, but the events are welcome to all from Yorkshire and surrounded cities. The main channels of promotion are print (posters) for within the College and around Leeds, social media and email campaigns are used to contact everyone about the events.
Creative Networks has been running for a couple of years now and has gone from strength to strength. Creative Networks is our own major professional events programme, and the largest network of its type in the region. It's a fantastic chance to mix with people from industry and to hear fascinating talks from leading speakers in a relaxed environment. Students, former students and staff at Leeds College of Art are all welcome to attend. For a list of previous speakers please look on the Leeds College of Art website under Creative Networks - http://bit.ly/2bT1tDc
Leeds College of Art logo and Creative Networks branding must be on all material. A link to the Eventbrite page where tickets can be bought will also be needed.
- Initial test brief deadline - 5pm 14th October
- Winner announced - 18th October
- Design work commences - 18th October